Want a sweet treat that is simple to make and impossible to resist? Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Bars are the only thing you need. You don’t even have to bake these delicious treats. They have the rich flavors of chocolate and peanut butter, plus a pleasing crunch. Let’s talk about how fun it is to make these tasty bars in your own home.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
Making the Base
Melt and Mix
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt together peanut butter, chocolate chips, honey (or maple syrup), and butter.
- Stir continuously until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Setting the Bars: Press and Chill
Prepare the Pan
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- Press the Mixture
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Use a spatula or your hands to press it down firmly, creating a smooth, compact layer.
- Chill Time
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the bars to set.
The Big Reveal of Cutting and Serving
Slice into Bars
- Once set, use the parchment paper overhang to lift the mixture from the pan.
- Place it on a cutting board and, with a sharp knife, cut into your desired bar size.
Serve and Enjoy
- Your Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Bars are ready to be savored!
- Perfect for a quick indulgence or as a delightful homemade gift.
Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Crispy Bars at home is more than just a cooking adventure; it’s a fun activity that will make your taste buds happy. Because the recipe is so easy and the chocolate and peanut butter taste so good together, these bars are a hit at any event. So why not give in? Enjoy the sweet simplicity of these crispy treats as you dive into the world of homemade goodness.
Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead of creamy?.
Absolutely! Using crunchy peanut butter adds an extra layer of texture to your bars
Can I substitute honey with another sweetener?
Yes, you can use maple syrup, agave nectar, or any preferred sweetener in place of honey
How long do these bars stay fresh?
When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these bars stay fresh for up to a week.
Can I add nuts or dried fruits to the mixture?
Certainly! Customize your bars by adding chopped nuts or dried fruits for a personalized touch
Can I double the recipe for a larger batch?
Absolutely! Adjust the quantities proportionally to suit your desired batch size.